Did you know? Drum Corps International was founded in 1972.

Rehearsal QOL Request

MercySMH
MercySMH
Posted on September 6, 2026 02:43
I hate that if I lose 11 points if a rehearsal, when I go to lower it it just lowers the first thing I touch by 11 rather than allowing me to remove from where I want it to be, it then doesn't save what I had it at beforehand so I'm finding myself just taking screenshots half of the time to help with this chore. I fully regret spending the time reallocating my points based on my recent scores. Too much time thinking about it for it to be reset less than 8 hours later. Didn't take my screenshot this time...

I am once again asking for you to implement a way to save your rehearsal points for when you're 100/100, and asking to also look into allowing us to remove points as needed rather than it forcing to remove all negative points at once. I ask this as the current system is encouraging me to simply set a number and never look back. I don't want to spend time on that every day. The game is becoming increasingly more complex and time consuming, which is pushing it further and further out of the realm of playability with my workload in the real world. I at the start of this game enjoyed spending time reading the recaps and adjusting my rehearsal points based on which captions are struggling the most and which ones are exceeding. I have always started the season off prioritizing the sub sections rather than the ensemble sections, but this entire season has just made the entire feature feel like another job to do each day rather than an enjoyable feature. I just wish there were more quality of life adjustments made, so that we aren't punishing users for spending MORE time playing the game.

I do believe that compared to the other users, I spend a lot more time on here. I don't think that's a good or bad thing. Different playstyles entirely I believe. I am curious to hear how others feel about this as well. I don't dislike the feature of rehearsals at all, just think it's missing out on some QOL fixes. I don't mean any of this in a 'hate' way. Just trying to keep advocating for a game I want to succeed, especially now that there are microtransactions. Still think I'd rather not play the game for three months than pay to reset though, I don't think there is currently enough gameplay value to warrant $75 in real world money for the entire organization like I needed to do last season.
0 likes

Replies (14)

buglemania
buglemania
Posted on September 8, 2026 00:02
Where are the microtransactions?
0 likes
MercySMH
MercySMH
Posted on September 8, 2026 00:31
@buglemania said:
Where are the microtransactions?

You can reset your corps instantly rather than waiting the full season for $25. Allowing you to skip the 2 months of waiting to play again. I assume this only applies to one corps, so if I wanted to play last season it would’ve cost me $75 IRL.
0 likes
buglemania
buglemania
Posted on September 9, 2026 03:40
Oh okay. That's pretty steep tbh.

Either way -- I have lost a lot of desire to engage the game because of how frustrating the rehearsal mechanism is. Only my second season, probably my last.
1 like
Caida
Caida
Posted on September 9, 2026 22:12
@buglemania said:
Oh okay. That's pretty steep tbh. Either way -- I have lost a lot of desire to engage the game because of how frustrating the rehearsal mechanism is. Only my second season, probably my last.



I do understand that pain and sympathize
0 likes
director
director
Posted on September 13, 2026 11:46
@MercySMH said:
I hate that if I lose 11 points if a rehearsal, when I go to lower it it just lowers the first thing I touch by 11 rather than allowing me to remove from where I want it to be, it then doesn't save wh...


I definitely appreciate you being an active member! (sorry I've been swamped and haven't been on much lately)

I made some changes so losing rehearsal points should be a lot less frustrating now. You can remove points from the sections you actually want instead of having the whole amount come out of the first thing you touch, and your preferred 100/100 setup will be saved so you don’t have to keep rebuilding it.

Please let me know if you (or anyone) feels other tweaks need to be made. This game is for you all and it would be pointless without the players.

FYI I am also adjusting the practice game because of the previous comments
0 likes
director
director
Posted on September 13, 2026 11:49
@MercySMH said:
You can reset your corps instantly rather than waiting the full season for $25. Allowing you to skip the 2 months of waiting to play again. I assume this only applies to one corps, so if I wanted to p...


This is only for the organization, not each corps. If a corps runs out of money they can pull money from other corps or the organization. If you run out of money in your entire organization and go bankrupt you just have to sit out 1 season, or pay a 1 time fee of $25 to reset your corps organization finances which also resets the corps starting budget. I wouldn't call it a micro transaction, and it's the only transaction of actual money the site uses.
0 likes
director
director
Posted on September 13, 2026 11:50
@buglemania said:
Oh okay. That's pretty steep tbh. Either way -- I have lost a lot of desire to engage the game because of how frustrating the rehearsal mechanism is. Only my second season, probably my last.


The game is always evolving, please check out the latest updates!
0 likes
director
director
Posted on September 13, 2026 11:50
Reward of $5,000 paid to MercySMH
0 likes
MercySMH
MercySMH
Posted on September 13, 2026 11:59
@director said:
I definitely appreciate you being an active member! (sorry I've been swamped and haven't been on much lately) I made some changes so losing rehearsal points should be a lot less frustrating now. You...

This is wonderful!!! It’s completely fine with not being able to get on! I figured you’d see it whenever life allows. (Considering why we’re all here, this is one of the busy parts of many of our years)

i really appreciate these changes and honestly look forward to losing a point or two to see how they’ve been implemented!

Personally this has been the main thing plaguing me recently, I would only ask for another logo voting event or something similar of the sorts.
0 likes
MercySMH
MercySMH
Posted on September 13, 2026 11:59
@director said:
This is only for the organization, not each corps. If a corps runs out of money they can pull money from other corps or the organization. If you run out of money in your entire organization and go ban...

Thank you for clarifying how this works.
0 likes
director
director
Posted on September 13, 2026 12:16
@MercySMH said:
This is wonderful!!! It’s completely fine with not being able to get on! I figured you’d see it whenever life allows. (Considering why we’re all here, this is one of the busy parts of many of our year...


I will probably do a field show design voting contest next.. but I'm also thinking about doing physical prizes or even money for contests or maybe even winners!
0 likes
MercySMH
MercySMH
Posted on September 18, 2026 07:52
@director said:
I definitely appreciate you being an active member! (sorry I've been swamped and haven't been on much lately) I made some changes so losing rehearsal points should be a lot less frustrating now. You...


I fear it is not behaving by automatically deducting points across the board. This is much more appealing than before, but still would rather be able to remove from the groups I want specifically to a certain set. It was a bit confusing the first few times this happened as it would say I didn't earn all my practice points, but it would show 0 points remaining and none missing.
0 likes
MercySMH
MercySMH
Posted on September 23, 2026 04:17
I would like to also chime in again and say, I am really enjoying the tempo game as of late. I think the new length really helps.
1 like
director
director
Posted on September 25, 2026 08:09
@MercySMH said:
I fear it is not behaving by automatically deducting points across the board. This is much more appealing than before, but still would rather be able to remove from the groups I want specifically to a...


I will look into this, thanks!
0 likes
Post a Reply

Log in to post a reply or like posts.

Login Register